The Parker & Farr internationally acclaimed one of the leading British upholstery companies who produce a wide range of handmade sofas, chairs, footstools and sofabeds since 50 years.
The skill, care and creativity which go into Parker & Farr furniture give character and an instantly recognisable mark of outstanding quality. They remain at the forefront of furniture design and maintain the time honoured skills that have been handed down from generation to generation.
The upholstery fabrics and covers used are hand cut and tailored from the Parker & Farr exclusive fabric collections and are pattern matched and expertly sewn. On the other hand, customers can provide their own fabric and covers. The seat cushions, skirts and fringes are hand sewn and each cushion is reversible with concealed zips.
All the frames are carefully constructed from selected hardwood, with each piece being glued and dowelled or glued and screwed for long life strength and trouble free long life. Each bespoke piece of furniture is handcrafted by skilled craftsmen and women using selected hardwoods for the frames sourced from sustainable forests and natural materials including hessian, jute webbing, hair and pure new cotton wadding combined with high density foam and fibres as required by each design.
The Sofas, chairs and sofa beds use fully sprung mesh and high gauge coil springs which make the seat springing retain its shape.
- Hardwood frames- glued and dowelled or glued and screwed for long life strength and trouble free long life.
- Every individual piece of furniture is pattern matched and cut by hand.
- Fully coil sprung mesh top units ( springs are of a higher gauge to retain shape and longevity)
- Natural material such as hessian and hair from the seat platform.
- Traditional hand sewn front edges.
- Hand sewn skirts and fringes give the ultimate finishing touch.
Parker & Farr Footstool
Collection of luxuries stools